Proposal to Close Stiperstones CE Primary School - Report on DfE Stage 3 Statutory Period for Representations
Cabinet considered a report on the outcomes from the Statutory Period of Representations on the proposal to close Stiperstones CE Primary School and offer continuing pupils places in Minsterley Primary School. The report also set out the statement of case and information for decision makers.
Cabinet - 07/20/2011
David Taylor - Cabinet
(1) note the recommendations of the Corporate Director - People’s Services that Stiperstones CE Primary School be given the opportunity to progress their proposals for federation with Chirbury CE Primary School in January 2012.
(2) determine not to close Stiperstones CE Primary School;
(3) requires Stiperstones CE Primary School to work with local authority officers to address remaining weaknesses in the proposals, particularly in relation to:
- confirming financial calculations based on agreed projected number on roll;
- demonstrating increased spending on teaching and learning; and
- strengthening the focus on school improvement, and on outcomes for pupils
(4) ask the Corporate Director - People’s Services to monitor the progress towards a federation between Stiperstones CE and Chirbury CE primary schools and reserve the right to request that alternative proposals be brought forward if progress towards a federation leading to sustainability over time and continued improvements in the provision of education and outcomes for children is not maintained. Progress will be assessed in January 2012.
As per the recommendations above.
Directorate Officer is David Taylor
Tel: 01743 252402
Committee Officer is Penny Chamberlain
Tel: 01743 252729 Fax: 01743 252713
Email: Penny Chamberlain/EXTERNAL/SHROPSHIRE-CC
Back to top