The Community Arts and Festivals Service aims to support excellent arts activities, events and festivals in the county, providing you with opportunities to enjoy and participate in high quality arts across Shropshire.
The team provides a range of services, to support the development of the arts and cultural activities across Shropshire, see below. We welcome new ideas and develop projects with a range of partners including; artists, festival and event organisers, community venues, voluntary organisations and other departments across the council. The service provides economic and community benefits by creating employment and training opportunities for artists and by developing and supporting inspiring and high quality artistic projects for local communities.
Arts Development Makes a Difference
The benefits of the arts are clear and tangible, as you will see from the success
stories in the document on this page, based on case studies from Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin.
ARTS DEVELOPMENT SERVICES REALLY DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE...
- Raising people’s aspirations, directly contributing to a senseof well-being, supporting positive COMMUNITY engagement.
- Providing the experience of working with a wide range of professional and voluntary organisations to broker PARTNERSHIPS and to develop, manage and deliver complex projects.
- Attracting investment in the arts leading to INCREASED CAPACITYfor individuals, communities and organisations to get involved and experience the benefits.
Advice and information service
The Shropshire Council Arts Service provides:
- One to one advice sessions to individuals and community groups as and when required, these include professional advice on funding, project development and business development.
- At least two arts and festivals network meetings a year in each of the areas.
- Regular electronic newsletters highlighting employment, training and funding opportunities.
- Brokering partnerships between artists, voluntary groups and organisations.
The service commissions arts organisations, venues and individual artists to provide access to the arts for residents and visitors to Shropshire through providing arts activities, events, artist-led workshops and exhibitions.
By providing funding and through commissioning, the service provides employment and professional development opportunities for Shropshire based artists, creative industries and festival organisers.
All arts activities, workshops, festivals and events are planned and organised to ensure they are accessible to all and that they comply with health and safety guidelines.
The service works with other council services and partners to ensure that activities are relevant, needed and have the maximum impact for local communities.
If you would like further information on the Arts and Festivals Development Service please use the contact details on this page.