Public house relief
In March 2017, the Government announced the introduction of a relief of up to £1000 to all occupied Public House properties with a Rateable Value of less than £100,000.
Properties that will benefit from this relief should be:
- Occupied hereditaments with a Rateable Value of less than £100,000
- Be open to the general public
- Allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- Allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- Permit drinks to be purchased at the bar, and
- State aid limits are not exceeded
It should be noted that this new Public House Relief is only available for 2017/2018 financial year.
How to apply for Public House Relief
We have already issued application forms to these ratepayers that would qualify for this relief, and have awarded relief to those that have returned the application. This will be shown on your latest bill as “Public House Relief”.
However, if you consider that you should qualify for this relief, you'll need to download and complete the application form attached to this page and return it to the address stated on the form. Your application would need be considered.