Early years education
The government gives funding to Shropshire Council to provide free part-time nursery education places for every child in the term after their third birthday. These places can be found in:
- day nurseries
- nursery schools
- nursery classes at local authority schools
- independent schools provided they have registered with the council to do so.
- accredited childminders who are part of a network approved to deliver early education
If your child was born between ...eligible term
1 January and 31 March................summer term after 3rd birthday
1 April and 31 August ...................autumn term after 3rd birthday
1 September and 31 December....spring term after 3rd birthday
You can check with Shropshire FIS, (full contact details available by following the email link in the contact box), to find an up to date list of where places are available in your area.
Funding is available during term time only and these are the relevant dates for this financial year April 2012 to March 2013:
- Summer term: Monday April 16 to Friday July 20 excluding Bank Holiday Monday May 7 and Friday June 1 and half term June 1 to June 8.
- Autumn term: Wednesday September 5 to Friday December 21 excluding half term October 29 to November 2.
- Spring term: Tuesday January 8 to Thursday March 28 excluding half term February 18 to 22.