How to apply
Applying is easy! Just follow these five steps...
Pick one concession that's right for you:
- National bus pass
- Companion or carer bus pass (please take a look at the criteria for this concession before beginning your application)
- National travel tokens
Provide at least one of the following proofs of disability:
- Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as blind or partially sighted
- Provide suitable evidence from an eye specialist or optometrist
- Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as deaf with or without speech
- Provide suitable evidence from an aural specialist confirming your overall hearing level at 70 dBHL or higher
- Letter from an appropriate medical specialist advising you're without speech
- Current proof of receipt of disability living allowance with mobility at the higher rate
- Current proof of receipt of a score of eight points or more under the personal independence payment (PIP) activity 12 (moving around) or activity 7 (communicating verbally)
- Current proof of receipt of war pension mobility supplement
- Current proof of receipt of Armed Forces Compensation Scheme with tariffs 1-6 inclusive, or an award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
- Current proof of receipt of industrial injuries disability allowance or reduced earnings allowance
- Letter from the Department for Transport refusing or withdrawing your driving licence (unless due to drug or alcohol dependency)
- Letter from GP or medical consultant confirming that your medical condition / medication taken means that you would be refused a driving licence
- Production of a disabled persons parking badge (blue badge) issued by us
You may be asked to undertake an independent assessment to establish eligibility. Your assessment will be free of charge, but we won't be able to pay for your travel costs to and from the clinic. A letter formalising the decision will be sent to you following your assessment. If you qualify, your concession will be sent automatically.
Provide one of the following proofs of residence (place of residence must be clearly shown as Shropshire and be the most recent copy):
- Council tax bill or statement
- Utility bill
- Bank / credit card statement
For national travel tokens, please bring the required documents to one of the following customer service sites:
- Bridgnorth – Bridgnorth Library
- Ludlow – Ludlow Library
- Market Drayton – 49 Cheshire Street
- Oswestry Community Hub – Oswestry Library
- Shrewsbury Community Hub – 1A Castlegates
- Whitchurch – Whitchurch Civic Centre
Our customer service pages have full addresses for each of the sites.
For national bus pass and companion or carer bus pass applications you can either bring the required documents to any of our customer service points or apply online. Please note, if you choose to apply online for your first bus pass you'll need to have your national insurance number to hand, an email address and be able to upload a photo (if you're applying in person we can take the photo for you).
Check your post. Approximately ten working days after your application, you should receive your new concession.