Wem customer service point
|Monday||09:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||17:00|
|Friday||09:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||17:00|
Opening times for Shropshire Council services
We're working in partnership with Meres & Mosses and South Shropshire Housing Associations so that our customers can access a range of council services. The office provides access to our customer service centre via a free-to-use phone link as well as a public computer for doing business with us online. Staff are on hand to provide assistance to customers in getting online and using the 'warm phone', so that customers can report issues, make payments or applications and access the services they need.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am to 5pm
Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
Shropshire Council provides a variety of services, some of which you may prefer to access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use our public access computer. Did you know you can access certain services online? You can also report things and make payments to the council for certain services. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to our office.
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, please use the following link.
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Get Involved
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
Here are some links where you can look for guidance on services
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:
- Adult social care
- Blue badges
- Business rates
- Children's social care
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- General enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
Some applications require supporting documents, so you may need to see a specialist adviser in order to process your request. We're working on making these services simpler. In the meantime you may prefer to use an alternative office where your request for any of the following services can be dealt with quickly:
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- New concessionary travel applications (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- To obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Your nearest alternative site is the Shrewsbury customer service point.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
For Shropshire Council
0345 678 9000
For Shropshire Housing Group
0345 678 9000