Date of election - Thursday 15 November 2012
Claire Porter was the Police Area Returning Officer (PARO) for the Police & Crime Commissioner Elections (West Mercia Area). This means that she was responsible for the overall conduct of the election in the West Mercia area.
The full details of the first count were as follows:-
- Blackshaw, Adrian James Michael (The Conservative Party Candidate) = 49,298 votes
- Longmore, Bill (Independent) = 50,900 votes
- Murphy, Simon (Labour Party Candidate) = 34,652 votes
The votes for Simon Murphy were then re-distributed amongst the two remaining candidates to give the result for the second vote, which was as follows:-
- Blackshaw, Adrian James Michael (The Conservative Party Candidate) = 5,201 votes
- Longmore, Bill (Independent) = 21,055 votes
The results of the first preference and second preference votes were added together to provide the final election results, which were as follows:-
- Blackshaw, Adrian James Michael (The Conservative Party Candidate) = 54,499 votes
- Longmore, Bill ((Independent) = 71,955 votes
BILL LONGMORE was therefore duly elected as the Police and Crime Commissioner for the West Mercia Police Force area. The full election results can be downloaded from the notices - "PCC Notice of First Count" and "PCC Notice of Second Count".
Who was voting in the West Mercia area?
Along with Shropshire, there were eight other authorities in the West Mercia area, namely Bromsgrove, Herefordshire, Malvern Hills, Redditch, Telford and Wrekin, Worcester, Wychavon and Wyre Forest.
The results of the first and second counts for all local authorities in the West Mercia are attached below.
How were votes cast and counted?
The method of voting used in these elections was called "supplementary voting", where each eligible elector could vote for up to two candidates by placing a single cross in one of two columns to vote for their first and second choice candidates.
Various notices were published for the Police and Crime Commissioner Election in the West Mercia area. The statement of persons nominated, notices of election and sub-election agents and the PCC Results are detailed below:-
- Statement of persons nominated
- Notice of election agents
- Notice of sub-agents
- PCC notice of first count
- PCC notice of second count
For any further information, please contact the Elections Team on 0345 678 9015.