See and Hear Exhibition 2018
10am - 4pm, Wednesday 16 May 2018.
Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road, Harlescott, SY1 4RQ
Who should attend?
The event is free and open to everyone to try out equipment and learn more about the support on offer to help improve the quality of life for those with sensory impairment, such as hearing or sight loss. It's a great opportunity for peer support, networking, gaining knowledge and sharing information with others and is important to all.
We aim to promote avoidable sight and hearing loss, increase awareness of the issues people with sensory impairment face in their daily lives, and to enable those living with sensory impairment to discover more about the technology and support available to help them.
It has become the biggest event of its type in the country. In 2017 over 70 organisations displayed information and equipment. Over 800 people attended the event in Shrewsbury to discover more about the technology and support available to help people with sensory impairment.
The exhibition will showcase a great many national and local companies, charities and services available to you.
|Companies, charities and local services: have you booked your stand for the next exhibition on Wednesday 16 May 2018? If you haven't already received an invitation, please contact Pauline Rose at email@example.com for a booking form|
Features for 2018
- Exhibitors offering information and advice, and demonstrations of the latest technology
- Our 3rd annual Boccia tournament, hosted by Shropshire Disability Network, with the awards presented by National Gold Medallist Specialist Olympian Jessica Hiles
- Seminars and workshops covering topics related to sensory impairment (BSL and deafblind interpreters available with prior booking – Please email Pauline.Rose@shropshire.gov.uk)
- See and Hear information van
- All-ability cycling organised by Shropshire RCC
- BSL and deafblind interpreters will be available throughout the day
- Light refreshments will be available throughout the day
...plus lots more to announce!
This page will be updated regularly up to 16 May 2018 as we progress towards what we hope will be another successful event. Please check this page for updates on coverage of our popular workshops and seminars, and our ever increasing list of exhibitors for 2018. You can also follow us on our social media accounts:
Use the hashtag #SeeHearShrop to see our latest updates on the event.
Entrance is free, and there will be a free dial-a-ride shuttle bus every half an hour from Shrewsbury Train Station to the Shrewsbury Sports Village, starting at 9:30am. Parking at the Sports Village site will also be free.
We'd like to thank all those who attended the 10th anniversary of See and Hear Shropshire Exhibition on Wednesday the 10th May 2017. Take a look at the video of the day.
The exhibition is planned and organised by the See and Hear Shropshire Partnership, which includes Shropshire Council’s Vision Technology and Training Shropshire and the Sensory Impairment Team, Sight Loss Shropshire, Shropshire Deaf and Hard of Hearing Forum and the Guide Dogs Association.