Abbots Wood is located at Eskdale Road, Telford Estate, Monkmoor, SY2 5UD. Telephone number 01743 210900. The centre has spaces reserved for disabled parking; it is also close to regular bus routes into Shrewsbury town centre.
Abbots Wood offers a community-based day service for adults with learning disabilities which enables individuals to take part in social and leisure opportunities in the community and to experience new opportunities.
Abbots Wood day opportunities have close working relationships with Severnside Housing and West Mercia Police and is now an official Hate Crime reporting station.
Services for adults with learning disabilities
- excellent personal care facilities and a member of the West Midlands Link-up scheme
- spacious rooms that provide opportunities for a variety of activities
- a physiotherapy suite
- an outdoor space for relaxation and exercise
- close liaison with self-advocacy groups Taking Part and OSCA
- supporting individuals with college and employment opportunities
Other community facilities
- an IT suite with internet access that can be used by the community
- meeting rooms for use by community groups and projects that are available for hire with or without presentational aids. Please see room hire charges attached to this page
- a physiotherapy suite available for hire
All new referrals for day services are taken by the council's first point of contact for adult social care advice on 0345 678 9044. Our advisors will help each individual access the appropriate service as well as identifying if someone is eligible for a service within the council.