Children's mental health and wellbeing
The Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Transformation Plan for Children’s Mental Health and Wellbeing 2015-2020 sets out how we plan to transform mental health services for children and young people in line with the requirements set out in the NHS England document ‘Future in Mind’.
The plan includes six programmes of transformation:
- Development of integrated 0-25 years Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service (to replace existing child and adolescent mental health services)
- Improved neurodevelopmental assessment pathways
- Training and development programme for workers in universal services to improve their knowledge and skills around emotional health and wellbeing of children and young people
- Development of specialist eating disorder service for children and young people
- Development of all-age psychiatric liaison service
- Improved mental health support for pregnant women, new mothers and their families
A summary of the six programmes of transformation is available on the Shropshire Together website.