Emergency grab bag
An emergency grab bag holds important personal information and items that might be useful in an emergency. It should be stored somewhere easy to access in an emergency, and be portable so that you can take it with you if you need to evacuate your home. Let all family members know where it is.
What should be in the grab bag?
- Details of any prescription medicines for family members
- Phone numbers
- Insurance details and reference numbers
- An extra set of contact lenses or glasses
- Small first aid kit
- Battery powered radio, torch and extra spare batteries
- Notebook and pen / pencil
- Mobile phone charger
- Bottled water
- Pet vaccination certificate