The Archaeology Service offers a comprehensive range of archaeological services for developers, contractors, heritage groups, and others throughout the county of Shropshire.
These field services include:
- project design and management
- desk-based assessments; site surveys; field-walking; site evaluations
- rescue and research excavations
- watching-briefs and archaeological monitoring of site works
- archive and report preparation
- site interpretation
We also offer a variety of services for local heritage and community groups:
- advice on setting up and running archaeological projects
- organising projects including site surveys, field-walking, and excavations
- organising events - guided walks, talks, and day-schools
- interpretation of buildings, sites, and features of archaeological interest
Please follow the link on this page to see details of some of our past field projects.