The role of Shropshire Council's Dog Warden Service is to:
- Promote responsible dog ownership, through education and advice
- Collect stray dogs within Shropshire
- Issue fixed penalty notices for offences that contravene the dog control orders which are in force throughout Shropshire
- Assist police in the detention of dangerous dogs
- Ensure the safety of any dog that is found
- Maintain a stray dog register
- Assess the suitability of households on taking dogs from re-homing kennels
- Run campaigns and promotions related to this service
If you wish to report a lost, straying or found dog, please call our customer service centre on 0345 6789 006 and leave all details, including a description of the dog.
Please remember to report your lost dog to the council, as there is a chance that our dog warden could have picked up your dog if it was found whilst on patrol, or temporarily taken in by a member of the public.