Learn more about Shropshire
Welcome to the Facts and Figures webpages. These pages have been compiled by the Intelligence and Research Team to draw together a variety of factual information about Shropshire from various organisations and sources. The information on these pages can be used:
- to find out more about Shropshire
- to locate information to support a bid for funding from Government or European programmes
- to find supporting information for a business plan
- to identify areas of need and assist with the allocation of funding
- to inform policy development
- to provide evidence for plans and strategies
- as a source of information for students and school children for use in coursework or homework
Please follow the links on this page to learn more about Shropshire.
The Intelligence and Research Team is responsible for providing an information and research service to support and inform the work of Shropshire Council. The team also provides information to partners, other local authorities, public and private organisations/agencies and members of the public. The team is responsible for or has access to a wide range of information and data, which covers socio-economic data and land use planning monitoring. This includes:
- housing and households
- labour force and the economy
- development monitoring (Planning Land Use Monitoring System (PLUMS)
Within Shropshire Council information is used to inform the Sustainable Community Strategy, the Local Development Plan process, regional planning monitoring, informing policy decisions, forecasting population and labour force changes, performance monitoring, validating existing data sets, targeting resources and preparing bids for funding.
Please note that many of the facts and figures available on these pages relate to the administrative area covered by Shropshire Council and therefore exclude Telford and Wrekin. For information on Telford and Wrekin please select the link on this page.