LEADER programme funding
The LEADER Programme is a funding stream that was introduced at the start of 2016. It will bring a €2.54 million investment into southern Shropshire, with the overall purpose of improving the economic wellbeing of the area through sustainable development, drawing on the area’s environmental and cultural assets and qualities. Take a look at our FAQ page to find out more.
**Please note that the Southern Shropshire LEADER Programme is now closed to new applications.**
What will LEADER fund?
It will fund farmers, growers, foresters, other local rural businesses and rural community organisations to help:
- create jobs
- develop and grow rural businesses
- support the rural economy
To be successful, applications must contribute to one or more of Defra’s six national priorities which are detailed below. Please choose the link below that best suits your project to discover more about the national and local priorities of the LEADER Programme:
- Priority 1 - support to increase farm productivity
- Priority 2 - support for micro and small businesses (non-agricultural) and farm diversification
- Priority 3 - support for rural tourism
- Priority 4 - provision of rural services
- Priority 5 - support for cultural and heritage activity
- Priority 6 - support for increasing forestry productivity
To discuss your project and request an EOI form, please contact the LEADER programme by email at: SouthernShropshireLeader@shropshire.gov.uk