Modern Governor is a service from Learning Pool, the public sector e-learning exchange. It is designed to help school governors develop their skills through e-learning which supplements traditional 'face to face' training and development opportunities. Whether you're a newly elected governor or an established governor looking to increase your existing knowledge, Modern Governor has something for you. It has been created with help from experts in governor services. This means that all Modern Governor courses reflect the latest initiatives and challenges facing school governors today.
A subscription to Modern Governor gives you unlimited access to our on-line course catalogue which is growing every month with new material covering today's most important topics.
- Any time, any place, any pace learning
- Learning in privacy
- Bite sized learning that can be revisited
- Dedicated helpdesk available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Group learning if undertaken in governor meetings.
- Increased access to training for busy or remote governors
- Ability to provide blended learning programmes
- Tracked and evidenced learning
- Reduced classroom time
- Cost efficiencies, even for small schools.
Modern Governor can be purchased through the Governor Support and Development Service Level Agreement. Leaflets giving more details on Modern Governor and subscription are attached.