Helena Lane is a daycare centre situated on the corner of Hamlet Road in Ludlow providing a service to adults with learning disabilities and older people. It's a one-storey building providing easy access to all, including wheelchair users. The building has a courtyard in the middle and is designed to provide as much natural light as possible. We have a free car park consisting of 40 spaces, making it easy for everyone to park.
We're home to:
- Vision Technology Training Services
- A hairdresser
- The Royal Voluntary Service
- Age UK
- ‘Let’s Talk local drop-ins
The NHS and social services also use the building for various clinics.
We have a number of rooms available to hire for meetings, groups, clinics and activities.
Helena Lane is full of friendly faces, whether you choose to relax or stay busy there is always plenty going on. Our regular activities include:
- Board games such as Scrabble
- Dominoes and quoits
- Bingo (Thursday / Friday afternoon)
- Knitting group
- Social visits
- Small group shopping
- Lunches out at local pubs
- Fund raising activities and raffles
- Weekly lottery
- Manicure sessions
- IT access (PC, laptop, internet and iPad)
- Paid entertainers show
- Social events (eg special lunches, Christmas
parties, cheese and wine afternoons, Easter bonnet
and Santa’s Grotto )
We're happy to try most things, so new ideas are always welcomed!