Heritage Ambassadors Programme
It will develop a shared culture of cross-promotion amongst attractions across Shropshire and the Marches by improving knowledge of the area’s heritage and cultural offer.
Staff and volunteers will gain greater confidence to engage, enthuse and excite their visitors to explore more of the area’s heritage and culture and collectively boost visits to heritage attractions and venues.
- To improve the visitor experience at the region’s heritage attractions and museums
- To drive additional visits from existing audiences to heritage attractions
- To generate additional visitor spend
Attractions, museums and venues will benefit in the following ways:
- More motivated and empowered staff and volunteers who have gained Local Heritage Ambassador status
- Improved knowledge about your own attraction amongst other local attractions
- Staff and volunteers able to act as champions for your local heritage, enthusing visitors
- to spend longer in the area, return and visit related sites
- Networking and stronger reciprocal links between attractions.