All referrals for housing-related support services in Shropshire are managed through referral systems maintained by the housing providers contracted with Shropshire Council to provide tenancy support.
The referral systems
These will include:
- self-referrals from people who approach a provider of housing-related support directly
- referrals to providers from other agencies, such as social services, health services, probation services, Citizens Advice, Help the Aged, Age Concern and others
- referrals from individuals who approach the council enquiring about housing-related support
How to get referred
If you wish to refer yourself or someone else for housing-related support, you can contact the housing providers direct by contacting Sustain Consortium on 01743 285159 or 0845 234 24 24, or Shropshire Support Partnership on 01743 242637, or your can use the Supporting People VRON Enquiry Online Form attached to this page, or telephone the Customer Service Centre on 0345 678 9005. You can also use this form if you wish to make a general enquiry about housing-related support.
In addition to information on referrals, the housing providers we contract with will also gather information on the ways in which the individual needs of service users are being met by housing-related support.
What is the referral system
The referral system overall will:
- provide a method of referral for individuals and agencies to access housing-related support services in Shropshire
- enables the availability of better information about the need for housing-related support services
- be able to collect information about how well housing-related support services are meeting the needs of vulnerable people in Shropshire
This will help us to find out about people who need support but who are unable to get it for any reason. This might be because their needs cannot be met by any of the housing-related support services available, or because too many people need the support. This information will mean that we can work with providers and partners, such as health and social services, to make sure that the services provided are meeting as many needs as possible.
All information held by the providers we contract with will be treated in the strictest confidence, and will be subject to the Data Protection Act and Shropshire Council's data protection policies.