Guidance notes and checklist for New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA)
Section 50 - Street Works Licences
The need to obtain a street works licence applies to any person or organisation (other than anyone acting under a statutory right) who wishes to place, retain and thereafter inspect, maintain, adjust, repair, alter or renew apparatus, or change its position or remove it from the highway. This does not negate the need to obtain any necessary permission of any other person affected, such as highway frontagers.
If you would like to apply for a street works licence please complete the appropriate form(s) attached and post them back to us.
Before submitting your application, please consult with Shropshire Council's Planning Department to establish whether or not planning permission is required for the work.
Street works licence procedure section 50 - New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
This procedure contains the following:
- Notes on guidance for applicants - form SWL1.
- Application for the placing of new apparatus in the highway - form SWL2 (conditions and authorisation).
- Application for consent to work on existing apparatus - form SWL3 (conditions and authorisation).
- Notification and response form for giving advance notice of works - form SWL4.
- Registration of works form - form SWL5.
- Statutory undertakers declaration/requirement forms - form SWL6.
- Controlled waste transfer note - form SWL7.
- Checklist for use of applicant.