Shropshire's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment links to the policy objectives highlighted in the Marmot Report - Fair Society, Healthy Lives.
In the final Marmot report the following six policy objectives are identified as key to reducing health inequalities:
- give every child the best start in life
- enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
- create fair employment and good work for all
- ensure a healthy standard of living for all
- create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
- strengthen the role and impact of ill-health prevention