In the current climate of financial uncertainty, paying excessive fees for venue hire is something many businesses want to avoid.
The Gateway Education and Arts Centre offers a service to match that of any dedicated conference facility, at an exceptionally affordable price.
With rooms that have up-to-date IT equipment and members of staff on hand to provide assistance in its use, plus friendly and welcoming reception staff, the low cost is in no way reflected by a cut-rate experience.
The highly competitive prices and quality service are carried through into the award-winning Coffee Shop, which provides delicious buffets and snacks.
The Gateway is also just a couple of minutes' walk from both the railway and bus stations, meaning that the venue is easily accessible.
If you wish to check hire charges or book a room for a meeting or function please select one of the downloadable forms attached to this page.
- to check room, equipment, seating and lighting hire charges please select the reduced or standard room rate documents
- download and complete the room booking application form on this page (please ensure you read the conditions of room hire)
- download and complete the Room layout/Equipment booking form.
- download and complete the Gateway Coffee Shop form to book your catering or refreshment requirements for your event or meeting.
Room hire prices
Mornings, afternoons or evenings:- £51.00
9am - 5pm £72.00
9am - 10pm £89.00
Mornings, afternoons or evenings:- £27.00
9am - 5pm £37.00
9am - 10pm £45.00
Mornings, afternoons or evenings:- £84.00
9am - 5pm £129.00
9am - 10pm £166.00
Mornings, afternoons or evenings:- £42.00
9am - 5pm £64.00
9am - 10pm £83.00
For Saturday and Sunday bookings, there will be an extra charge to cover Centre Assistant.
A caretaker charge of £16 per hour will be made for bookings outside core hours.
- Use of Equipment £10.22 per item (inclusive of VAT)
- Use of Tiered Seating £20.42 per session (inclusive of VAT)
- Use of Stage Lighting £20.42 per session (inclusive of VAT)
Cancellation Charge - 25% of room charge if more than two weeks' notice is given, otherwise a full charge will be made.
- Public Liability insurance is required for use of this centre. If your group/organisation does not have Public Liability Insurance, then an additional charge of 12% will be made to cover this.
- Please note that any portable equipment brought into the Gateway Education and Arts Centre must be tested for safety and have a current safety label. Staff reserve the right to refuse the use of any electrical equipment that has not been recently tested.
- All Shropshire Council bookings are charged at community/charity rates.