The Community Directory for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin is a comprehensive database of up-to-date, county-wide information on community groups, clubs, societies and organisations.
Follow the link below to the Community Directory which has 3,000 entries, covering not just Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, but also the immediate bordering areas.
We have all the local information you need at your fingertips, which includes:
- details of leisure activities, clubs and societies
- advice on getting a grant or just finding the right benefits
- guidance and support on a wide range of health and social care issues
- a directory of Self Help groups
- community news and local websites with what's happening in and around your local area
- inspiration on finding a new hobby or just pointing you in the right direction to meet other people who share the same interests
- a start on a journey to researching the local history of your home, village or family
- a helping hand to a club or society struggling to get new members by giving your group a chance to have a voice or presence on the World Wide Web
The Community Directory has something for everyone. So take a look today or you might be missing out!
Joining the directory
The Directory is free to join. If you are part of a group or service that is not yet included in the Directory, get in contact and join the ever-expanding store of information. You can add your community group, club, society or organisation by using the Add an entry link on this page or asking for an entry form at your local library.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information presented in the Community Directory is up-to-date and accurate. All records are checked at least once a year and updated online by participants.
The Community Directory is produced by Shropshire County Council in partnership with Telford & Wrekin Council, Shropshire Care Information Providers and Self Help Shropshire