Shropshire Council

Street trading consent

Street trading is the selling of goods and services in lay-bys, streets, or on privately owned external land to which the public have access without payment.

Certain streets are designated 'consent streets', a street in which trading is prohibited without our consent.

Consent is subject to the payment of a fee.

Consent for street trading in the Oswestry town centre area (see 'Related documents' for a list of streets and maps) is managed and issued by Oswestry Town Council, and all applications in this area should be directed to them using the following contact details:

  • Phone: 01691 680222
  • Email:

Am I eligible to apply for a street trading consent?

Yes, anyone is eligible to apply for street trading consent.

Who needs one?

Anyone wishing to sell goods or services on designated consent streets or lay-bys in the Shropshire Council area.

How much will it cost?

There is a fee for issuing this document, which is taken when you apply.

What will I need before I apply?

  • Completed application form
  • Fee
  • The exact dates on which you wish to trade, in the form requested on the application
  • A plan of the area in which you wish to trade from
  • See application form for any additional requirements

Do I need to do anything else?

Please check the list of consent streets on the website. If you have any further queries please ring 0345 678 9026 or email for further information.

Apply now

Download the form, complete it on your home computer, and email it to

Download the form

Download the form, print it out, fill it in and post your application along with the fee if applicable to:

The Licensing Team, Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6ND

Download the form