What is a friends group?
Many museums have established a friends group to help the museum with their work. At Ludlow the friends help to raise money to purchase items for the collections, provide support for events and exhibitions and are also a body of keen volunteers. The friends also have a programme of events for members, which include lectures by invited speakers and occasional trips to places of interest.
The Friends of Ludlow Museum aim to:
- Help to stimulate public interest in the heritage of Ludlow
- Encourage and assist with the preservation of the museum’s collection, which represents the heritage of the local area
- Promote and assist with schemes to utilise the collections for the public’s education and enjoyment
What can I do?
As a Friend of the Museum you could be involved in a range of different activities such as:
- Acting as a committee member to help establish and run the friends group.
- Voluntary work in the museum
- Fundraising for specific projects
- Organising events and exhibitions
How can I join?
To join the Friends simply contact the treasurer of the Friends of Ludlow Museum at the following address:
9 Mill Street
To find out about forthcoming Friends of Ludlow Museum events, follow the link on this page.