Due to some manual maintenance you may experience disruption in using the Public Access online register during the afternoon of Tuesday 30th April 2013. For your convenience you may wish to avoid using the system at this time.
Welcome to Public Access – Shropshire Council’s online register. This system allows you to view applications made to the council’s Planning Department.
About our online register
Our online register allows you to:
- View and monitor the progress of planning applications online
- Submit representations about planning applications made to the council
- See whether an appeal has been lodged and the result
- View weekly and monthly lists of applications and decisions
- Set up search profiles and be automatically notified by e-mail
- View registers of formal enforcement action taken by the council
How do I use the system?
Both a quick reference and a more detailed user guide can be found in the attachments on this page.
Details on the planning process and how applications are dealt with can be found by following the related information links on this page. Before using the system you are advised to refer to this information and guidance. Please contact Customer Services or the relevant area office if you require assistance. Contact details can be found on this page.
Adobe not opening document/drawing
If you experience an issue when trying to open a document or drawing using Adobe you may need to press F5 on your keyboard, this is a known Adobe issue. Updating to the latest Adobe reader may resolve this issue.
Do I need to register?
You do not need to register to use the site if you wish to browse application information or submit comments. However, you will need to register if you wish to track applications or create and save search profiles and other criteria.
Submitting a comment
Please be aware when using web browsers that the page will time out after one hour whilst writing in the comments box. It is advised to type your comments up first and copy and paste them into the field if you think that typing them direct into the comments box may take longer than one hour to complete.
Before you can access the system, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions found further down this page.
The system provides details of planning applications received by Shropshire Council from 1 April 2009, and by the former district, borough and county planning authorities up to 31 March 2009.
All documents accompanying planning applications determined by Shropshire Council since 1 April 2009 are available to view online. However, some documents accompanying older applications processed by the former district and borough councils may not be available.
Any comments submitted thorough the system will be made available for viewing online as soon as possible.
Applications for discharge of conditions and agricultural notifications are available for information purposes only.
If the information you wish to view is not available, or you are experiencing difficulties in viewing any of the records, please contact the relevant area office for assistance.
At present, all documents associated with ongoing appeals can be found in the appeals module in Public Access.
Documents relating to decided appeals will only be viewable via the planning case reference to which they relate.
The enforcement register contains details dating back to the formation of Shropshire Council on 1 April 2009. For records of cases investigated prior to 31 March 2009 please contact the relevant area office for more information.
Contact details for each area office can be found in the attachment on this page.
Please note that at present notice documents associated with current enforcement cases created since April 2009 are not available to view online. Shropshire Council is working to provide these supporting documents as soon as possible, and customers wishing to have more information should contact the area offices directly.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (Section 47) 1988.
You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes to compare current applications with previous schemes, and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.
Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Terms and conditions of use
Set out below are the terms and conditions under which Shropshire Council provide this facility for use:
- The council cannot guarantee that this section of the website will always be available due to the need for essential maintenance
- Drawings and documents can be large files and may take some time to download depending on your connection speed. The quality of the image depends on the quality of the original submission
- The online planning history contained within the website must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal 'land charge search'. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from this website. Similarly the information contained within this website does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk
- Whilst all plans and drawings on this website are scans of scaled originals, the images will not appear at any particular scale on your computer screen. Figured dimensions, where they appear, are the only indications of measurements on these images
By clicking on the 'Online Planning Register' link below, you will proceed to the Public Access system and confirm that you have read, understood and agree to all terms and conditions listed above.