Primary Reception school offers - September 2013
- 16 April 2013 - allocation letters are sent to parents and carers by second class post to advise which school your child has been allocated.
- The letters will contain information on what to do if you are not offered your preferred school.
- Online applicants can view their result from midnight on 17 April 2013, at the latest via the link for online application on this webpage under Online services and downloads'.
- The attachment how-primary-school-places-were-allocated-April-2013, (available from 16 April) gives a breakdown of how many applications were received and how they were prioritised.
If it has not been possible to offer your child a place at your preferred school this is because the school received more applications than places available.
All applications have been considered against the published admissions criteria and your application will have been refused for one of the following two reasons:
- the available places have been offered to children with a higher priority under the admissions criteria than your child.
- your application was received after the closing date and did not meet the requirements of the late applications policy. Available places were allocated to those applicants who had applied on time.
You do have a right to appeal against the decision to an Independent Appeals Panel.
For Shropshire schools: For your appeal to be heard by the end of the summer term you should complete and return your appeal form by 16 May 2013 at the latest. A form will be enclosed with your letter or follow the link under 'Related information', Appeal against allocation of school place..
Other Local Authority Schools: To appeal for a school maintained by another Local Authority please contact the relevant Local Authority or school direct for details of their own independent appeal procedures which may include a different closing date.
For further information in relation to the school admissions process please refer to the parent’s guide booklet attached to this page.
If you have not made an application for primary/infant school you must now download-primary-infant-school-application-2013 form, and send it to the School Admissions Team as soon as possible. The online facility is no longer available.