You must make an application for a school place for your child via your local authority.
- If you are uncertain where to apply to, read the 'who you apply to for a school place' page
- The closing date for applications was 31 October 2013.
- If you do not make an application, your child will not receive a school place.
- If you have not made an application yet, download, complete and return pdf version application form to make your application, or telephone the School Admissions Team who can make the application with you as soon as possible. The online facility is now closed.
- Applications received after the closing date without exceptional reasons are not considered until all the applications received on time have been allocated.
- To understand how school places will be allocated if a school in Shropshire receives more applications than available places, please refer to Admissions Criteria page or Admission arrangements for own admission authority schools 2014/15
- If the school you wish to apply for is not in Shropshire please view contact details for neighbouring local authorities or visit Direct.gov website to find details of other local authorities.
- Other local authorities will have different admissions criteria for their schools than Shropshire
The allocation letters advising which school your child has been allocated will be posted from this office on Monday 3 March 2014 to all applicants.
Online applicants will be able to view their applications from midnight the day after the allocation letters are posted.
You can view a breakdown of how places were allocated in Shropshire schools for September 2013, how many applications were received and how they were prioritised.
Please refer to pages 35-47 of the Parents' Guide to Education in Shropshire 2014 for more detailed information on the secondary school admissions process.