Our school meals service aims to provide good quality nutritious food for children in Shropshire schools. Our highly skilled staff work to menus and recipes compiled by dedicated catering professionals to ensure that meals are as nutritious and consistent as possible across the county.
We prepare and cook our meals in traditional kitchens without the use of mass production or reheating processes, and sources its ingredients as locally as possible. Meals are nutritious and designed to meet the government’s standards for all 14 main nutrients, including carbohydrate, fat, protein and fibre. In addition:
- meat and poultry products used on the menus are sourced from within the UK, with many coming from Shropshire and the West Midlands. All of these products meet the ‘Red Tractor Assured Food Standards’ criteria
- eggs used in schools, which are all free range, are from farms in Oswestry and south Shropshire
- salmon fish products used on the menu are produced in Britain, and meet the ‘Marine Stewardship Council’ standards
- pork meatballs, sourced from the UK Foodhall in Shrewsbury, are made from British pork, and meet the ‘Quality Pork Standard’
The service provides meals to over 100 primary schools and 10 secondary schools in Shropshire.
In addition we provide catering services to a total of 82 sixth form colleges, independent schools and schools in North Wales, Telford, Herefordshire, Cheshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands.
We serve around 17,000 meals per day in Shropshire with a further 8,000 per day in neighbouring counties. In total we employ around 1400 staff and a support team of:
- area managers
- catering managers
- financial and administration staff
- health, safety and training staff
Please speak to the Cook or Catering Manager about any allergies your child may have. if you require any further information please contact our Health and Safety / Food Safety Co-ordinator Chris Beeston by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.