Economic Growth Strategy 2017-2021
The Shropshire Economic Growth Strategy 2017- 2021 sets out our commitment and ambition to grow the economy of the county.
Our economic growth vision for Shropshire is to be the best place to do business and invest, and to be a county renowned for its pool of local talent and expertise. We'll strive to maximise our economic potential and increase productivity by fully utilising the benefits of our special environment and high quality assets.
The strategy’s six priority actions are:
- Target actions and resources where there are economic opportunities
- Enable businesses to start, grow and succeed
- Deliver infrastructure to support growth
- Meet skills needs of businesses and people’s aspirations for work
- Promote Shropshire to investors
- Build our reputation as a council that is ‘good to do business with’
The strategy links into and informs the Marches LEP Strategic Economic Plan and Marches ESIF Strategy. The objectives of the strategy also link to the West Midlands Combined Authority Strategic Economic Plan and the national economic picture, in particular the modern Industrial Strategy for the UK.
We recognise that we don't have control over all actions and activities that will generate economic growth. Therefore our vision will only be achieved by working collaboratively across the public and private sectors and with our communities. We'll commit to working with our strategic partners for the benefit of Shropshire’s economy, businesses and residents.
An action plan to accompany the strategy will follow soon.