Play can come in many forms and is important for children as it contributes greatly to their development in lots of different ways.
Play allows children to learn the skills of daily living and have the desire to create and achieve, allowing children to grow in body and mind.
It is what children do naturally and it is an essential part of childhood.
The Play Development Team supports communities to ensure that play is valued and upheld for all children and young people across Shropshire by:
- Increasing public recognition of children’s right to play and its critical importance to their healthy development
- Giving children, young people and their communities the opportunity to participate in the creation and development of play opportunities
- Supporting local communities to develop and sustain quality, inclusive, open-access play provision
- Supporting the development of Playwork as a profession
The Out 2 Play Project (O2P Project) is an initiative from Leisure Services to spread play across the county in a number of ways.
Within the O2P project we offer the following:
- After-school sessions
- Pre-school sessions
- School holiday sessions
- Shropshire Community Play Store
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community events / fun days
- Supporting national initiatives
- Training opportunities
Please click on the relevant link for more information about a specific item.