Where should I put my waste for collection?
Waste must go in the correct containers and then be put on the kerbside by 7am. If you dont have a pavement you must bring it to the nearest adopted highway.
Does waste have to be in containers?
Yes. We will not collect ‘side waste’ (extra rubbish outside the bin) and overloaded or 'contaminated' bins containing the wrong materials.
What about stuff that won’t fit in the bin?
1. Contact your local charity furniture scheme.
2. Advertise on a website e.g. ‘Freegle.org’ as free to a good home.
3. Take the waste to the nearest Household Recycling Centre (HRC).
4. Hire a skip.
5. Pay for a bulky waste collection.
Can I have an assisted collection?
Assisted collections are only offered in exceptional circumstances such as:
1. Reasons of ill health or disability.
2. No able-bodied person over 18 permanently resident at the property.
We reserve the right to make further enquiries as to entitlement.
Why dont you recycle shredded paper?
Our paper mill won't take it because the paper fibre length decreases with shredding. You can put shredded paper in your garden waste bin instead.