We provide alternate weekly collections of rubbish, recycling and garden waste. This involves over 10 million individual collections every year! This includes:
- Collection and disposal of rubbish
- Collection and recycling of paper, glass, cans and plastic.
- Collection and composting of garden waste (including food waste in some areas).
- We supply a 240 Litre wheeled bin for your rubbish – larger bins are available for households with 6 or more residents.
- We supply a 240 Litre wheeled bin for your garden waste – we will provide one for free but if you want more bins we charge.
- We supply 3 recycling boxes for your paper, glass, cans and plastic bottles - more boxes are available free on request.
- We are out collecting at 7am each morning, you must have containers out on time.
- Generally we do not collect on bank holidays but the next day as shown on your calendar.
- We only collect the contents of the container - not additional ‘side waste'.
- We will offer a chargeable collection service for waste which won't fit in your bin.
- We will collect waste from the kerbside or nearest adopted road.
- If we genuinely miss your collection we will come back within 48 hours.
- If you have a medical reason we will collect waste from your doorstep.
- We will supply a clear timetable of collection dates every year.
- If you write to us we will respond in writing within ten working days.