Helping young people find their way
Shropshire Youth provides help to all Shropshire young people aged 13 to 19 and includes a support service which helps remove barriers to young people moving on in their lives. Shropshire Youth also provides support for those with special needs up to the age of 25.
Connexions staff and youth workers work together in Shropshire Youth along with the Young People’s Substance Misuse Team to provide help and support to all young people in the area.
Shropshire Youth helps deliver the Youth Offer for Shropshire. This includes:
- Positive activities - access to arts activities, volunteering, outdoor pursuits, music events and sports.
- Information, advice and guidance (IAG) - helping young people to become more self-reliant in their personal and career development, including learning, careers advice and help in finding college courses and jobs.
- Targeted youth support - additional support for young people who may need extra help.
- Young people’s engagement - ensuring that young people have a say in what’s going on.
The Young People’s Substance Misuse Team
- Helps young people who are affected by drugs, alcohol or solvents. This can be because of their own use or someone else’s.
- Gives young people the opportunity to talk about the risks of using substances, how to use in safer ways and how to change their lifestyle.
- For young people who feel they have a problem with substance use, works out an action plan to sort the situation out.
- Is a confidential service.
Tel: 01743 284433
Contact numbers for Shropshire Youth
- Bridgnorth: 01746 765001
- Ludlow: 01584 873725
- Market Drayton: 01630 654138
- Oswestry: 01691 659111
- Shrewsbury: 01743 284400
- Whitchurch: 01948 662309
- HQ: 01743 254488
For further information please follow the link for Shropshire Youth.