Heavy rain and risk of flooding
(Last updated: 3:00pm 18/02/20) Rainfall from storm Dennis has caused localised flooding. Find out about the ongoing situation and steps you can take to prepare for flooding in your area.
Planning a visit
We are open until Sunday 3 November. The farm and café are open Saturday – Wednesday 10am to 4:30pm between those dates, and we're closed on Thursdays and Fridays. No dogs are permitted beyond the car park except helping dogs.
Acton Scott Historic Working Farm is signposted off the A49 at Marshbrook, three miles south of Church Stretton. For satnav users, our postcode is SY6 6QN, but please follow the brown signs as you get nearby as the postcode is for several properties!
2019 admission prices
Our 2019 price guide includes admission prices and charges for room hire and guided tours.
- Museum shop
- Large car park
- Bike racks (located in the car park)
- Under cover, animal-free picnic area
- Our wonderful School House Café serving freshly cooked food to order
How your day may look
We've put together an example of the activities you might enjoy on your visit to us.
- The farm is mainly wheelchair and pushchair accessible
- Disabled parking is available close to the admissions point
- Disabled toilets and baby-change facilities are available at the admissions point and the School House Cafe. A further disabled toilet (accessed using a Radar key) is situated close to the farmyard
- We have six wheelchairs, which can be borrowed from the admissions point, and a Tramper motorised wheelchair which can be booked in advance
- The majority of our paths are wheelchair-, motorised scooter- and buggy-friendly. The farmyard has a cobbled surface which may present difficulties to some of our visitors
- The waymarked walks leading from the farm are managed by our Countryside Access Team. For further information on these walks and open access land please refer to the Outdoor Recreation Service pages
- A small number of exhibition and display areas are not wheelchair or buggy accessible due to the nature of the original buildings
Please keep in mind this is a working farm and take care as you explore
- Please dress for the weather
- Take care around our animals and please don't feed them
- Please be aware of uneven surfaces
- Many of our displays contain machinery, vehicles and fences – please don't climb on them
- For our pregnant visitors, please be aware that sheep can carry harmful bacteria (please ask for more information)
- No commercial photography or video recording without prior permission
- Our staff and animals welcome having their photos taken, but please ensure that other visitors are not in shot without their express permission
- Coaches welcome - booking in advance entitles your party to free drinks in our café
- This is a no smoking/vaping site beyond the car park
- No dogs beyond the car park (except helping dogs)*
*We are, however, the starting point for three lovely circular walks:
Contact Acton Scott
- Wenlock Lodge
- Acton Scott
- Church Stretton
- SY6 6QN