Births / Notice of marriage appointments
Exciting news! In addition to our Shrewsbury office, our local registration offices in Ludlow and Oswestry Libraries will be open again for people to register births and give notice of marriage and civil partnership from Monday 27 July 2020.
Our offices in Bridgnorth, Market Drayton and in Whitchurch libraries will reopen on 10 August 2020.
As these offices are based within other council buildings, it is absolutely essential that you have an appointment. Do not visit the registration offices without one, you will not be seen.
In addition to this please note the following:
- A maximum of two adults should attend an appointment. Please do not bring children or babies if at all possible.
- If the parents of the child were married to each other or in a civil partnership with each other when the child was born, only one of them needs to attend.
- Please do not arrive early – if you arrive early you should wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until the time of your appointment.
- Please do not arrive late – if you're any later than five minutes we won't be able to see you.
- Please do not attend an appointment if you or anyone in your household has Coronavirus symptoms.
- If you appear to have any symptoms when you arrive at the office you will not be seen and will have to book a fresh appointment.
- Please feel free to wear masks or face coverings.
- Contactless payments will be our preferred method of payment – no cash will be accepted.
- Public toilets will be unavailable.
- If there is a queue outside the building please wait to be called.
- In our Market Drayton office those attending registrars appointments will enter by the registrars door which opens directly onto Cheshire Street. On arrival please knock and wait, the registrar may be with another customer.
Wedding and Civil Partnership Ceremonies in library buildings
No new ceremony bookings are being taken for any ceremonies in our library buildings. This facility will not be offered until further notice.
Ceremonies booked for our offices in Oswestry and Bridgnorth Library have been cancelled due to our offices being unable to adhere to the social distancing requirements necessary for a legal ceremony.
Ceremonies which had already been arranged will be taking place in Ludlow Library and in Whitchurch Library between 27 July and 6 September 2020 and 19 August and 30 September respectively.
Ceremonies in general
We have been in touch with all couples with civil ceremonies booked to take place within the Shropshire Council Area between July and the end of December to provide as much information as we have available to us at present. We realise how difficult couples are finding planning ceremonies in this pandemic situation, however, please understand that we are not able to speculate on how, if, or when government advice will change in the coming months, all we can do is make sure that we communicate any changes to our couples as soon as we are in receipt of them. Please bear with us and be assured that we will contact you with any updates.