This updates information previously sent out in the following news bulletins...
- For all customers with ceremonies booked with Shropshire Council
- Important update re ceremonies booked for May, June and July
The government announcement (11 May 2020) in the Recovery Strategy document ‘Our plan to rebuild’ stated the aim to "permit small wedding ceremonies no earlier than 1 June 2020."
At this stage we don't know for sure:
- How many attendees will constitute a 'small' wedding
- The costs that will apply
- The locations where ceremonies will be permitted
- The content that will be expected to be included in the ceremony.
- The arrangements for ‘Notices of Marriage or Civil Partnership’ (The legal preliminaries)
- Any other restrictions or conditions that may apply
As we can't be certain or give advice on any of these aspects until we receive more information and instruction from the government we're doing our best to communicate directly with couples and venues. If you have a ceremony booked with us between now and the end of September we'll have been in contact with you directly with details of our approach. We'll contact our couples directly again when we have further information.