Our aim is to keep children with family in a safe and nurturing environment.
Since April 2021 we have worked with over 170 children so far and still counting.
Stepping Stones is a therapeutic team that provides individualised support for you and your family. Our consent led outreach workers will be flexible to your specific needs, with the overall aim for you to live as a family together.
We want your family to be happy, healthy, safe and will strive to make this happen; by working with you every step of the way.
Overview of what we do
- Intensive work with families (up to 6 days a week dependent on need) within a therapeutic approach which is trauma informed
- Collaborative approach – working with the child’s social worker and partner agencies
- Consultations provide an opportunity to identify whether it is the right time for Stepping Stones to work with your family
- When families need immediate support, we can provide a timely response
- On the first visit to your family, we discuss what areas they want support with, and their view of what needs to change, we regularly review progress
- Group supervision allows reflection, analysis of information and updating of the family's plan
- Intervention with children and their carers is consent led
- We end our involvement at the right time for the child and their family
In terms of the outcomes and impact of the work undertaken with children, young people and families, to date we have seen:
- Improvements in safer home environments - impact of families supported to improve home conditions
- Increase in school attendance
- Decrease in criminal exploitation
- Children and young people being able to talk more about their emotions and articulate how they feel
- Parents and children learning from positive attachments with people to help them then build positive relationships