Shropshire Council

Am I eligible?

If you live in Shropshire and meet the criteria listed, you'll be entitled to concessionary travel.

Eligibility for a travel concession on grounds of disability has been set out by government as part of the scheme.

You're eligible if you:

  • Are blind or partially sighted
  • Are profoundly or severly deaf
  • Are without speech
  • Have a disability or have suffered from an injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability walk
  • Suffer long-term loss of use of both arms
  • Have a learning disability that is a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind, including a significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
  • Would, if you applied for a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, have your application refused under section 92 of the act (physical fitness) on grounds other than persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol
  • Have a score of eight points or more under the personal independence payment (PIP) activity 12 (moving around) or activity 7 (communicating verbally)