Shropshire local outbreak plan
The government has asked all local authorities (councils) to produce ‘Local Outbreak Control Plans’. Directors of public health are responsible for producing these.
Our plan explains how virus spread will be prevented through encouraging and supporting Shropshire people to follow government guidance, including self-isolating and getting tested. It also details how outbreaks will be identified, managed and contained through the use of data, working with the NHS Test and Trace system, and engagement with local partners such as Public Health England, the voluntary sector and the wider community.
The plan will continue to be updated and refreshed in response to the changing COVID-19 situation.
Information contained includes:
The Shropshire picture - how coronavirus has affected Shropshire so far, aims and objectives of the plan and our priorities which are:
- Governance – how everyone will work together. Different boards and forums contain members across the health and care, voluntary and community sectors and elected members to make the right decisions, and action the management and prevention of coronavirus outbreaks in Shropshire.
- Prevention - this is the key to ensure we reduce community cases to zero.
- Settings and communities – specific processes and guidance for settings including schools and early years, workplaces, care homes and at community gatherings and events.
- Vulnerable people – supporting those who need help the most.
- Communications and engagement – reactive and proactive - how we're communicating and engaging with people and organisations about the work we’re doing and what everyone can do to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Testing capacity – timely and local testing availability.
- Test and trace and infection control – working with settings to trace contacts and manage the situation when there is an outbreak.
- Surveillance and monitoring – collecting and understanding the data to take action.
- Regulation including lockdown plans
It concludes with how challenges will be addressed, and an action plan.