Statement of accounts
The statement of accounts is the formal financial report on the activities of the council as required by the Accounts and Audit regulations 2015 and other statutory provisions.
For Shropshire Council, the full statement of accounts includes:
- A narrative report
- The statement of responsibilities
- The audit opinion and certificate
- The core financial statements comprising: the comprehensive income and expenditure statement, the movement in reserves statement, the balance sheet, the cash flow statement, and the notes to the core financial statements
- The group accounts
- The housing revenue account
- The collection fund
- The pension fund accounts, which summarise the financial position of the Shropshire County Pension Fund
- The glossary
Also attached to this page is the Annual Governance Statement for 2017/18, which is a statutory document that explains the processes and procedures in place to enable us to carry out our functions effectively. The statement is produced following a review of our governance arrangements, and includes an action plan to address any significant governance issues identified.