Pay your council tax
You can pay your council tax online. You will need your 13 digit reference number.Make a payment now »
Alternatively, you can pay your council tax by using one of the following methods.
By direct debit
Setting up a direct debit to pay your council tax in monthly instalments is simple. Apply by using the 'apply to pay your council tax online by direct debit' button (you’ll need your 13-digit council tax account number).Apply to pay your council tax online by direct debit... »
A safe, cost-effective easy way to pay. Compared to other payment methods, monthly direct debiting offers you the following advantages:
- Saves you time – the amount automatically changes each year without you having to do anything, and you'll be notified at least 14 days before the first payment date.
- Saves you money – no phone calls to make when payment is due.
- Lower administration costs – it's the cheapest way to administer payments.
- Gives you peace of mind – your bank/building society makes sure your bill is paid on time.
- Gives you a full guarantee against errors.
By phone with a debit or credit card (24 hours a day)
Simply ring 0345 678 9009 when a payment is due. Please make sure you have your 13-digit council tax account number and debit or credit card ready when calling.
Just call your bank and quote:
Account name: SC Council Tax
Bank: National Westminster Bank Plc
Address: Mardol Head, Shrewsbury
Sort Code: 55-50-05
Account Number: 55652387
Please quote your full council tax reference to enable us to identify you. This is a 13-digit reference starting with a "1", and can be found on your latest bill.
If you wish to pay by cash or cheque you'll need to make a payment at your local post office. You can also make cash payments only at a Paypoint outlet. In order to pay at a post office or Paypoint outlet you'll need to use a barcode. This can be found on the front of your council tax bill.
More information about paying at the post office or a Paypoint is available on the Allpay website.
Find your nearest Payzone point using their store locator.