Shropshire Council

Report anti-social behaviour

As anti-social behaviour covers a range of behaviours, there are a number of agencies who can respond to try and stop it. This can lead to confusion over knowing who to report what to.

The Shropshire Community Safety Partnership believes that all residents and tenants have the right to live peacefully within their home and communities, and is committed to tackling anti-social behaviour. The partnership has a single reporting number for people to report incidents of anti-social behaviour and a co-located team who aim to address all types of anti- social behaviour.

You can call West Mercia Police on 101 which is available 24/7. If the call is urgent we encourage people to ring 999.

Complaints can be made anonymously and all calls are treated with the utmost confidentiality. Please note however that if the information we get is limited, this can limit our ability to deal with the problem reported.

When reporting an incident of anti-social behaviour you will be asked to provide, where possible, specific details of the incident, including:

  • Details of the date and time
  • What actually happened
  • Who was involved
  • Whether anyone else was affected by it

It may also be necessary for you to report the incident to another agency, we will let you know this. In an emergency always call 999.