Church Stretton customer service point
|Monday||10:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||16:30|
|Tuesday||10:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||16:30|
|Wednesday||10:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||16:30|
|Thursday||10:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||16:30|
|Friday||10:00 -||13:00||14:00 -||16:30|
- Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre, Easthope Road, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6BL.
- Church Stretton Town Council, 60 High Street, Church Edinburgh house, Wem, Shropshire, SY6 6BY.
Shropshire Council services
You can access Shropshire Council services at the town council customer service point during the hours above or at the health and wellbeing centre customer service point (see below) by using our free-to-use public PC or our freephone telephone:
- Health and wellbeing centre: Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm (service may not be available after 4pm)
Please also be aware that Church Stretton Town Council and Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre have different opening hours. Take a look at the Church Stretton Town Council and Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre websites to find out more.
Services where you will need to visit an alternative customer service point
Please note: some applications require supporting documents. If you want to:
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- Make a new concessionary travel application (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- Obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
- Bring evidence in to support your housing benefit or council tax support application
...you'll need to see a Shropshire Council adviser in order to process your request. Your nearest adviser is based at Shrewsbury Community Hub.
You can access the following services using our phone or public PC at our Church Stretton Customer Service Points
Shropshire Council provides a variety of services, some of which can be accessed access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use our public access computer. Did you know you can access certain services online? You can also report things and make payments to the council. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to one of our offices.
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, take a look at our Get Involved website.
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Get Involved
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel (if you haven’t recently moved address and you’re registered to pay council tax at your current address)
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
Here are some links where you can look for guidance on services
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service points, including:
- Adult social care
- Blue badges
- Business rates
- Children's social care
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- General enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
If your enquiry is regarding the following, please visit Church Stretton Town Council:
- Concessionary travel
- Planning enquiries
- Highways issues
- Missed collections
- Registrar appointments
If your enquiry is regarding the following, please visit Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre:
- Concessionary travel
- Blue badge
- Local Support and Prevention Fund applications / awards
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops or online - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
For Shropshire Council
0345 678 9000
For the town council
Church Stretton Town Council
60 High Street
Telephone: 01694 722113
For the health and wellbeing centre
Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre
Telephone: 01694 722077