Shropshire Council

Market Drayton customer service point

Venue closed!

Please note that this service point is now based at Raven House, Market Drayton. This customer service point is closed until further notice.

We will be closed on Tuesday 10th September

Opens Closes
Monday 10:00 - 15:00
Tuesday 10:00 - 15:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 16:00
Thursday 10:00 - 16:00
Friday 10:00 - 16:00
Saturday Closed  
Sunday Closed  

Opening times

You can access Shropshire Council services at this customer service point as follows:

  • Monday and Tuesday 10am - 3pm
  • Wednesday - Friday 10am - 4pm

(may need to close for 30 mins to accommodate staff lunches)

Please note that there will be no face to face advisers available from the council outside of the hours stated above.  If the building is open and you want to speak to someone at the council outside of these hours, you can contact our customer service centre by using the self-serve telephones within the customer service point.

This service point provides information on our services, together with a wide range of community information. 

Services available

We provide a variety of services, some of which you may prefer to access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use the public access computer in our customer service point. You can also report things and make payments to us for certain services.  Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to our office.

If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, take a look at our Get Involved website.

Examples of what you can access online include:

Here are some links where you can look for guidance on services:

You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:

  • Adult social care
  • Blue badges
  • Business rates
  • Children's social care
  • Council tax (revenues)
  • Housing Options
  • Just Credit Union
  • Housing benefit and council tax support
  • Local Support and Prevention Fund
  • General enquiries
  • Planning
  • Shropshire Homepoint

Here are some services where you will need to visit our office:

  • Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
  • New concessionary travel applications (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)     
  • To obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency) 

We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.

Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops or online - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.