Town and parish elections 6 May 2021
Town and parish elections are expected to be held on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Town and parish notice of elections
Statement of persons nominated
Notice of uncontested election
Advice for candidates
Shropshire Council has provided a Guidance Document for candidates wishing to stand in local town and parish council elections, which we would urge all prospective candidates to download, as it contains important information about the election process in Shropshire.
- Town & parish candidates guidance document
- Appendix 1 – Guidance on commonly used names
- Appendix 2 – Candidate imprints for 2021 elections
Candidates will also need the following application forms:
- Request for the electoral register
- Request for the absent voters lists
- Verification application (6 and 7 May)
- Count application (9 May)
- Postal vote opening application
- Deadline for delivery of nomination papers
4:00 pm Thursday 8 April 2021
- Publication of statement of persons nominated
Not later than 4pm on Friday 9 April 2021
- Despatch first batch of postal votes
aiming to commence 16 April 2021
- Last date for registration
midnight Monday 19 April 2021
- Receipt of postal vote applications
5:00 pm Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Despatch second batch of postal votes
aiming to commence 21 April 2021
- Receipt of proxy vote applications
5:00 pm Tuesday 27 April 2021
Please visit the Every Vote Counts website for information on accessible voting.
Find out more from our frequently asked questions and take a look at the coronavirus letter to the Parliamentary Parties Panel members on campaigning during lockdown.
Further information and documentation will be posted on this page when available and in accordance with statutory deadlines.
Guidance and resources for candidates at a town / parish election can be found on the Electoral Commission website.