Working safely during coronavirus (Covid-19) - guidance for Shropshire businesses
All businesses need to do their part to help prevent the spread of coronavirus and keep employees and members of the public safe. To help Shropshire businesses reopen and trade safely we've produced a guide to assist you. It's important to remember that not all businesses have been allowed to reopen; you can find a full list here.
The government has set out five principles to keep workplaces safe:
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- Develop cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Help people to work from home
- Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
- Identifying what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus
- Thinking about who could be at risk
- Deciding how likely it is that someone could be exposed
- Acting to remove the activity or situation
- ...or if this isn’t possible, controlling the risk
The government has provided guidance for different sectors including:
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health has produced some posters to help:
- Limiting the number of customers entering the shop
- Maintain 2m distance when queuing outside and in the shop
- Keep a distance of 2m at all times
The Horticultural Trades Association has produced useful guidance on reopening garden centres.
If you operate a warehouse or distribution depot please see the British Retail Consortium Code of Practice. This document includes advice on social distancing measures.
Please see our latest trading standards advice covering areas such as product safety and scams.
We ask for your co-operation and will help with advice, but we'll take enforcement action should the need arise to protect the most vulnerable in society.
If Shropshire businesses or residents require more information please email: email@example.com or call 0345 6789067 and select option 3.
The Marches Growth Hub may also be able to provide assistance.