2022 VCSA state of the sector survey
- Period: 16 February 2022 - 31 March 2022
- Status: Closed
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Community and living
- Type: Public
Why is Shropshire Council conducting a VCSA state of the sector survey?
The Voluntary and Community Sector Assembly (VCSA) recognises the need for organisations to have up to date information about the sector so as to inform funders, partners and other key stakeholders of the current state of needs of the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector (VCSE) in Shropshire.
What data collection work is planned?
Collecting data from the VCSE in Shropshire will take place in two stages:
- The first stage of engagement, the survey, will run for six weeks from 15 February 2022 through to 31 March 2022
- The second stage of engagement will take place in the form of focus groups and/or in-depth interviews to gather additional in-depth qualitative data on focus areas identified by the first stage of the research
How can I get involved?
Click on the 'How to get involved' button on this page.
How will the data be used?
Your feedback will be used to write the 2022 VCSA State of the Sector Report. Information in the report will be used to inform:
- Public sector bodies, including Shropshire Council
- Other voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations both inside and outside of Shropshire
- Funding bodies
When will the results of the research be available?
The report’s preliminary findings will be presented at the 2022 VCSA Annual Assembly Meeting on 27 April 2022. The full report will be sent to all members of the VCSA and posted on the VCSA website once complete.
Who will be involved and invited to participate in the two stages of research?
We'll be working to engage as widely as possible to obtain a diversity of views from all members of the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in Shropshire. The survey will be sent to all registered members of the VCSA, and members will also be asked to share the survey widely with other VCSE contacts in the county, so non-members will be invited and encouraged to engage in the research as well.
To find out more please email VCSAssembly@shropshire.gov.uk
The survey can be completed in approximately 30 minutes. Please only complete one per organisation.Go to the survey »
If you'd like to be involved in the second stage of the research, you're invited to submit contact information at the end of the survey. You can also email VCSAssembly@shropshire.gov.uk directly to indicate your interest in being involved in the in-depth qualitative research.