Shropshire Council

Register searches

We maintain details of all commons and village greens on registers which are open to public inspection. The registers record the extent of such land, together with details of rights of common (for example, to graze livestock), and the owners of the freehold of the land where known.

A search will indicate whether land has been registered as common land or village green, and whether it's subject to rights of common and/or ownership claims. The search won't show whether a particular property has a right of common attached to it. An official search of the registers can be made by completing question 22 on the Con 29(0) form. The completed form should be submitted to the Land Charges Department. Please look at the Local Land Charges pages for further information.

The registers can also be inspected in person by appointment by contacting the commons registration officer using the details on this page.

Please note that we don't carry out searches on properties which are in the Borough of Telford and Wrekin.

For further information on common land and village greens please call 01743 257713.