Preferred scale and distribution of development consultation
To inform the ongoing Local Plan Review, Shropshire Council undertook an eight week Preferred Scale and Distribution of Development Consultation, which started on the 27 October 2017. This consultation sought views from all parties on the preferred scale and distribution of development for the Local Plan Review; it:
- Sets out the preferred scale of housing and employment development in Shropshire 2016-36;
- Sets out the preferred distribution of this growth;
- Identifies housing and employment growth guidelines for the strategic centre and each principal and key centre;
- Confirms the methodology which Shropshire Council proposes to adopt to identify a settlement hierarchy in Shropshire;
- Lists the settlements which form part of this hierarchy, including those that will, in future, be identified as Community Hubs and those that will be maintained as Community Clusters;
- Proposes draft policies for the management of development within Community Hubs and Community Clusters; and
- Identifies other development requirements which may need to be addressed as part of the Local Plan Review.
During this Preferred Scale and Distribution of Development Consultation, a total of 591 unique respondents commented. Respondents included individuals; businesses; landowners; Town and Parish Councils; representatives of the development industry; organisations; neighbouring Authorities; and statutory consultees.
A summary of these consultation responses is available to download from this page. These responses will be used to inform the preparation of further ‘Preferred Options’ for the Local Plan Review.
Next stages of consultation
Shropshire Council is proposing further stages of targeted consultation on ‘Preferred Options’ over the next 12 months. Further information on these targeted consultations will be provided on the Shropshire Council website as and when available.